Monday, May 31, 2010

Authors, Awards and Holidays, Oh My!

I had my first author visit here at Time Out - very exciting for me! David Lubar, author of Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie and Goop Soup, stopped by one of my armchair BEA posts. How cool is that?

Lisa at Bibliophiliac has given me an award! This weekend just keeps getting better!

If you are given this award you must first accept it by leaving a comment on the post you were nominated on. Then copy and paste the post and add it to your own blog. Make a list of the last 5 books you read and pass the award on to 5 other bloggers (no backsies!). Please also identify the blog from which you got the award and don't forget to tell your picks that they have a blog award!

My past five reads are: Smile, Incarceron, The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To, This Book is Overdue!, and Tithe.

I am passing this award on to, in alphabetical order...
Community Bookstop - I found this blog through the Book Hop last Friday and I enjoy the short tid bits and book reviews found here. So far I've seen paranormal type books and a few movie related posts.
Emily's Reading Room - Mostly a YA reader, Emily does great reviews and is a very active blogger. She even helped with the armchair BEA which was a lot of fun for those of us who could not go to BEA.
The Glittering Burn - With an affinity for Tea, there's definately a British vibe here (though I'm not certain where she's from), the Glittering Burn has a great sense of humor and posts on Books, music, movies and more.
Lions and Men - I've been enjoying Nick's posts on science fiction, fantasy and horror. He recently posted on his adventures at Book Expo America with some great pictures of the event.
You've GOTTA Read This - Sandy's blogs is one of the first book blogs I found and I have been following her ever since.

Happy Memorial Day everybody! I'm chillin with my veteran husband today, playing video games and eating lots of yummies! Remember our fallen heroes and give your veteran loved one a kiss!

5 comments:

  1. Yay Chelle! Kudos to you for getting that posted so quickly. And now I have even more blogs to check out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chelle! I never win anything and bodacious is probably the greatest word ever invented.

    I have a fairly good idea of the people I would like to pass this on to. You have made my day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Chelle! What a way to enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awesome news Chelle, and thanks for the kind words and award!

    ReplyDelete