Monday, May 24, 2010

In the Works: Upcoming Events and Posts

This week is the Book Expo of America (BEA) and the first Book Blogger Convention (BBC). I and many others are participating from home via the Armchair BEA/BBC. When I’m not reading the excellent posts by other bloggers, I’ll be doing some posting of my own. Topics I may cover this week are: marketing your blog, writing great content and my favorite signed books. I encourage you to check out the Armchair BEA event as there are a lot of giveaways and great topics. It’s going to be fun!

Next week I will be reviewing A Room with a View which is set in Italy during the early 1900s. This week marks the one year anniversary of my five-year delayed honeymoon to Italy (my husband was in the Army when we married and quickly shipped to Iraq). But was it ever worth the wait! I'm feeling nostalgic so, I’ll be posting pictures of our trip to the Italian Alps and Rome along with my thoughts on E.M. Forster’s novel.

Currently my mom and I are visiting local libraries, admiring their architecture, chatting with librarians and finding out how each library meets its patron’s needs. We call it our “library tour.” We saw four today and it was very interesting and plan to visit more tomorrow. So, expect a post and some pictures on that at some point.

Phew that’s a lot but I wanted to let you know what’s going on here at Time Out. Is anyone else keeping up with Armchair BEA or posting about the BBC? Well, I hope you’re all enjoying the last of spring! Ninety degrees here today. I thought I was going to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment