Monday, May 10, 2010

Tome's 500 Page Challenge

Over at Tome's Devotee, Paula is challenging readers to finish a 500 page book this month. My selection is Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. At 541 pages, I've been putting it off because of the size of this thing. But I've heard a lot of buzz and want to read it. So, I'll be diving into it soon to get it done by June! If you want to join the challenge and share what you're reading, head over to Paula's post to sign up! On an aside, I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Also, thanks to Beverly for the heads up on this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved Cutting for Stone--I hardly noticed the length once I got into it. I hope you lie it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very touching story. I'm going to add it to my tbr pile!

    Thanks for joining the challenge and spreading the word, at the end of the month I'll do a post talking about the book I read, so look for that as well :)

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has been on my TBR list for ages - hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for the record, I totally failed this challenge! I could not get into Cutting for Stone whatsoever. At page 70 I quit with a sigh of relief. I felt bad on two counts. First, I failed the challenge. And second, Verghese went to my school's writing program and I wanted to see what the program is putting out. But I can accept failure as a part of life...so, I quit!

    ReplyDelete